3M™ Throttle Plate and Carb Cleaner, 8.5 oz (241 g), 08867
- Part Number: 08867
- UPC: 00051135088678
- Stock Number: 60455069272
Chat Only Available in English
3M™ Throttle Plate and Carb Cleaner is designed to be used to clean deposits from throttle bodies, air intake manifolds or carburetors on internal combustion engines. This oxygen sensor and catalytic converter safe formula penetrates quickly to loosen and flush away resins, varnishes, oils, soot, and other deposits that accumulate and cause driveability problems. A large dip-tube allows users to spray the can in any direction including up-side-down for extended periods; this and the smaller can size is particularly useful when working on engines that have throttle body assemblies in cramp or crowded areas. The large "œtrigger" actuator allows it to be easily sprayed for longer periods without finger fatigue and it's designed to firmly hold the extension tube so that it doesn't come lose and go into an engine while you're spraying.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
NOTE: Cleaner may damage paint and some plastics. Avoid contact with automotive finishes. Avoid flooding the engine with too much cleaner.
- With the engine off, access the throttle body or carburetor (see manufacturer’s service/repair information).
- Firmly press the extension tube into the trigger and remove the “TEAR OFF TAB” on the top.
- Spray the areas to be cleaned and allow the cleaner to soak for 30-45 seconds.
- Repeat spraying while working the throttle to clean all areas and lubricate the throttle shaft. A soft bristle brush may be needed to remove stubborn deposits.
- Completely dry off any remaining cleaner before re-assembling and restarting the engine.
Additional Product Information